Saturday, October 29, 2011

Food Blog: Sunday Dinner in October

I found a new neighborhood grocery store today.  It is cool.  It is also next to the European Grocery I found about a year ago.  They are near the Fine Arts Museum.   That is all I am telling you.  They are mine.  I won't make these stores a usual weekend stop, they are too far from the house, but, I will be there once a month or so.  Today, I hit both of them, then Whole Foods and then Safeway.  Before I get to tonight's menu, here is a pic I snapped at sunset as I was cutting across Twin Peaks from Whole foods to Safeway.

{OK I owe you a pic. I am full from dinner and dont want to go to the car and download the pics}{Yes... it's weak, but...}

Two weeks ago I found this great ground pork at Whole Foods.  I have made several meals with it since.  I even made a stop for another pound and a half last night.  Used half of that for Friday's dinner and used the rest of it in the soup tonight. Here is what I did tonight:

Soup:
Veggie Stock [double up on the cube] bring it to a boil

                              In the pot for the first 8 min boiling
Celery and carrots roughly cut

                              For the next 8 min boil I added:
baby season squash, green and yellow
Russian Smoked Turkey
Baby sweet bell peppers, yellow and red
Pork seasoned balls
          Two heaping table spoons of Better than Chicken Bouillon
           Sundried Tomatoes -- I bought them at Cost Co, they were soaked in Olive Oil
          3/4 pound of Pork
          Mixed all together, rolled into small balls, let them chill for 2 hours
          Then I fried the balls in a non-stick pan

                              For the last 9 min boil
green onions
mushrooms
marinated tomatoes [sweet peppers in a slight acid base [vinegar I think -- I got it at the Europe market]
and seasoning
        a little black lava sea salt
        ground pepper
        mustard powder [a lot]
        mustard seed [a lot]
        celery seed

When the past 9 mins were up I immediately took the soup off the fire and poured it into a cold bowl.

That was the soup.  I also had
duck pate
Olive Loaf Bread
Gouda with a fig spread

I am sure I took three months off my life, but DAMN it was good.



No comments:

Post a Comment